City Council Update
Ever notice how all the streets in Leawood look so clean and free of debris and trash?
Monday night the City Council approved the purchase of a second street sweeping machine to help keep our community’s streets looking their best. Leawood streets are swept about 8 times per year, making Leawood one of the best-looking networks of public streets in the area.
City Attorney Patty Bennett introduced Assistant City Attorney Ashlee Tomasic. Leawood Police Chief Troy Rettig introduced our new Mental Health Co-Responder Heather Mason. Heather divides her time between Leawood, Prairie Village, and Mission Hills. Besides responding alongside Leawood police officers on mental health calls, she will spend a portion of her time educating officers on responding to mental health calls.
Discussion was also held about the upcoming Leawood’s Gallery Art Crawl on September 13th from 5:30pm until 8pm. Several Leawood Chamber member galleries are participating.
Participating galleries include:
· 2010 Gallery, 9415 Nall Avenue, KS 66207
· Epsten Gallery, at Village Shalom, 5500 West 123rd Street, Overland Park, KS 66209
· Eva Reynolds Fine Art, in Prairiefire, 5621 W. 135th Street Ste, 2630, Overland Park, KS 66223
· Gallery V, in Mission Farms, 4020 Indian Creek Parkway, Overland Park, KS 66207
· Leawood Fine Art, in Camelot Court, 11709A Roe Avenue, Leawood, KS 66211
For more information, contact April Bishop, Cultural Arts Coordinator, on (913) 663-9157